I’ve received countless emails and messages regarding the partnership that Healthy Steps Nutrition has with Precision Nutrition and I want to take the time to explain why we have decided to officially partner with PN.
HSN Mentoring was developed to provide a comprehensive nutrition business platform to prevent gym owners from reinventing the wheel. The training focuses on the business side, how to use and facilitate the resources that HSN provides, how to meet with clients for initial consults, follow-ups and how to develop customized plans for them.
Since the Mentoring program launched in 2014, we have helped over 1000 nutrition coaches through the HSN Mentoring Training Course. Many of them were looking for more tools in their toolbox. I did a ton of research to see what options were out there and what company meshed with our philosophy at HSN. I was specifically looking for someone that was science-based, followed our same mentality of helping change behavior by focusing on habits, and a company that promoted real food, not food products. Precision Nutrition kept coming up.
I actually took the course myself to ensure the HSN curriculum and the PN curriculum complemented each other. It did. 100%.
Here are my thoughts on the course:
- The first half of the course talks about nutrition science. It was all a review but it had been 14 years since I had seen it! #blastfromthepast
- Metabolism, organelles and the “science” is something that our program is backed by but we purposely left out of the HSN training courses because knowing about the Kreb’s cycle is not going to help you relate to your clients, set their goals and keep them accountable to them. There is definitely some value to understand the science behind what you are telling your clients.
- The second half of the course is what I loved. PN does such a nice job teaching how to assess clients, giving sample action steps, laying out scenarios and so much more.
- They break clients up into different levels and break down what you, as a nutrition coach, should focus on with each level. This is where every nutrition coach could use more tools in their toolbox.
- The PN Level 1 course has become the gold standard for HSN when nutrition coaches are looking to deepen their knowledge base.
- To be hired by HSN HQ, it is required that you obtain your RD credentials or your PNL1. Our dietitians on staff are also taking this course. (It’s worth 16 CEUs, YAY!)
- They don’t focus on the business side or discuss things like pricing, packaging, marketing or creating partnerships to build a business. Leave that up to us! HSN has built the largest Nutrition Mentoring Company in the world!
About 30% of HSN nutrition coaches running the platform came to us with their PNL1 or signed up to take it, so I reached out to see what they could do for us. They have created a VIP Partnership for anyone who comes through HSN.
Here’s what it means for you:
- Access the course at any time. You no longer have to wait until their open enrollment in April and October, access the course now.
- A significantly discounted rate. When purchasing the PNL1 course through the HSN website, you receive the course at a rate that is lower than any rate they have available. We are able to offer the course at a rate of $699. Sign up here: https://growyournutritionbusiness.com/product/pn-public/
I’ve been asked multiple times so I want to address this question, is PN mandatory? If you are a nutrition coach/dietitian at HSN HQ, yes, it is mandatory. If you are a nutrition coach running our program at a partnered affiliate, not it’s not mandatory. It is highly recommended to go through the course within 6-months of getting your program up and running.
If you have been on the fence about taking your PN or joining HSN Mentoring, here’s my recommendation to you: Join HSN first. We will give you the basics you need to know about being an amazing nutrition coach and help you set up the business side. Once you get your program up and running, then go through PN.
Nicole Aucoin, MS, RD, LD/N
Founder, Healthy Steps Nutrition
Home of CrossFit HSN and HSN Mentoring